This program incorporates use of extensive objective evidenced based balance tests and measures to identify possible risk for falls and to recognize other balance disorders. We provide in home assessment to eliminate barriers and identify safety risks in the home environment which may contribute to falls and injuries. We provide screening for and treatment for Benign Positional Vertigo. We utilize habitual exercises to assist the patient in recovery and achieve long term positive outcomes and give them life-long skills to manage their symptoms.
- An older adult with hip muscle weakness, poor balance, and taking more than 4 medications is at 100% risk for a fall.
- 33% of older adults hospitalized due to a fall will die within one year of falling.
- In 1996, the average healthcare cost of a fall was $19,400.00! Imagine what that would cost in today’s healthcare industry!
- 50% of older adults that have a fall related injury will not return home or to independent living.
- An older adult is 4 times more likely to be hospitalized for a fall than for any other injury.
- The leading cause of injury related visits to the emergency room is falls, and those falls are the primary etiology of accidental deaths in older adults.
Doctors of Physical Therapy accepts most major insurance carriers. Call our offices today to verify your insurance before your first visit 1-800-974-4DPT (4378)
Click here for our locations.
I received outstanding treatment for both my issues
I received outstanding treatment for both my issues. I completed both therapies with much better results both times. Ferdie was well-informed, demonstrated each exercise and explained the reason for it. They were vigilant as I did my exercises, constantly taking down notes and giving me suggestions to make every phase better. The atmosphere was also amicable and courteous. I would definitely recommend going to Doctors of Physical Therapy for your PT sessions.
Professional and very welcoming and friendly atmosphere
Professional and very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. VEry knowledgable, tried many techniques to achieve the goal of walking, balance, and strength. Very supportive.